Subject: Re: Books et al
From: Andy Malcolm <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 10:21:24 BST

Hi Martin,

I bought the Libraries and Includes/Autodocs RKM's recently and the Libraries
manual is very good, from what I've read the manual is v.well written and 
goes into a lot of detail about all aspects of programming the amiga. It does
assume a knowledge of 'C' or assembler programming, esp 'C' (which the amiga
O.S is largely written in). 

Also the libraries manual has a large number of pieces of example code which
is available on fish disks #741 and #742 (most examples are in 'C'). The 
Includes / Autodocs RKM is really little more than a indexed listing of the 
include files. It would be useful to a serious programmer as you can look in
their instead of hunting around on the machine.

I do not know what the hardware manual is like, judging by the Libraries 
manual it should be comprehensive. However the release 3 of the libraries 
manual is based around OS 2.x which is o.k but whether a hardware manual
would be up to date with AGA is debatable.

Finally these manuals are not cheap #38.99 each. I got mine from Hisoft
U.K on 0525 718181. They seemed able to answer some technical queries I
gave them, so ring them about the hardware manual.

I hope some of this helps

-Andy.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+ Andy Malcolm                                                               +
+ Comms Group - Product Development                                          +
+ MDIS - McDonnell Information Systems.                                      +
+ email [email-masked]                                                 +
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+"